Blumberg Legal Supplies and Services

800 529-6278

Blumberg Legal Supplies and Services   Shop For Legal Supplies
Blumberg Law Products
800 529-6278

Blumberg's Foreign Qualification Service

Blumberg can help with your out of state qualifications

Out of State Qualifications Service

BlumbergExcelsior Corporate Services foreign qualification service is as easy as making a phone call or completing an online order form. We make it easy for lawyers, CPAs, tax preparers and entrepreneurs to qualify existing corporations, LLC's, PLLC's and nonprofit organizations in another state.

To start the qualification process most states request a Certificate of Good Standing or Corporate Existence from the state of initial formation. Our corporate service representative will obtain it for you. BlumbergExcelsior will also provide you with resident agent services which is required by most states. Select a state below to start the filing process to conduct business in another state.

Need to ask a Question? Click Here to Fill out an Inquire Form or Call us at 800 221-2972 press 2

What Constitutes Doing Business in Another State.

A company that has a physical presence in a state or repeatedly engages in business transactions in that state is conducting business within that state.

Be aware, that if you are considering

1. hiring employees
2. opening bank accounts
3. buying or leasing property for business purposes
4. generating more than a minimal amount of income (and such income will be ongoing)
5. engaging in litigation
6. selling through independent contractors
7. carrying on internal corporate affairs
8. maintaining agencies/offices for transfer of securities

in another state, you may be “doing business” in that state and, if so considered, must be authorized to do business there. What constitutes “doing business" varies from state to state.

If you do not file or “qualify” you have no access to the courts. If you are sued, it will be harder to defend the entity in court. Also, you may be subject to fees and penalties.

If you are not certain whether the activities you intend to conduct in another state constitutes “doing business”, consult with your attorney or accountant before proceeding.

In addition, there may be tax registrations; and licensing requirements for insurance, mortgage, collection and other businesses.

Speak to a Blumberg customer service representative to find out about the cost and time frame to file an Application for Authority to qualify in another state.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Foreign Qualification?

Foreign qualification refers to registering your existing company in a new state so that you can legally conduct business there. Without
foreign qualification, you can only transact business in the state where your was business formed or incorporated.

What is a Certificate of Good Standings?

A Certificate of Good Standing, also called a "Certificate of Existence" is a state-issued document that shows that your corporation, limited liability company or any other entity has met its statutory requirements and is authorized to do business in that state.

Need Help or have a Question?

Corporate Formation Services
800 221-2972 press 2
212 431-5000 press 2
Fax 917 243-5843

Hablamos Español
800 221-2972 Press 5

Inquiry Form

FREE SHIPPING on Orders $50 or More
to the contiguous 48 states; orders under $50, $12.95 (see exceptions.) Corporate/LLC Kits FREE (seals, stamps $8.95).

 Specials  |  Clearence  | Dealers  |  Downloads  |  Email Sign Up 

BlumbergExcelsior, Inc.
Since 1887, BlumbergExcelsior, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Terms of Sale

Corporate Headquarters
100 Wall Street, Suite 503, New York, NY 10005;
212 431-5000 fax 917 243-5794, Hours 8:45am - 5:45pm

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Refund Policy