Power of Attorney Forms
Also related forms for affidavit of attorney, revocation of power of attorney (POA), living will, wills and more.
Blumberg's power of attorney forms (POA), affidavits, advanced medical directives, wills and related forms are used by attorneys across the United States. We offer state specific power of attorney forms for the jurisdictions listed below. If your state is not listed, take a look at our nationwide legal forms.
New Power of Attorney Forms in New York
On December 15, 2020, Governor Cuomo signed a new law amending the requirements for executing a Power of Attorney form in New York State. The new law is scheduled to take effect in June 2021.
While there are several changes to the existing law, they all are meant to simplify a very complex and technical means for an individual to allow others to act on their behalf. In the interest of simplicity, the new forms need not contain language that is identical to the statutory form, so long as they substantially conform to that language. Read more here.
What is an Agent under your Financial Power of Attorney
An Agent is the person who makes financial decisions for you under a Financial Power of Attorney or makes medical decisions for you under a Health Care Power of Attorney. The Agent under your Financial Power of Attorney may act for you when you aren’t able to act for yourself, for example when you lack capacity. This is called a “springing power.” Alternatively, you also could allow your Agent to act for you under the Financial Power of Attorney even when you’re able to act for yourself. This is called an “immediate power.”
"Online Only" Power of Attorney Forms
- California Statutory general durable power of attorney
- Florida Powers of attorney, agents, designation of health care surrogate, will (married person, unmarried person)
- Georgia Statutory power of attorney
- Illinois Statutory short form power of attorney
- Massachusetts General durable power of attorney, healthcare proxy and living wishes statement
- New Jersey General durable power of attorney form and power of attorney, banking, gift and disability clauses, NJS 46:2B-8
- Ohio Statutory form durable power of attorney
- Texas Statutory durable power of attorney, wills (married person, unmarried person)
Paper and Online Power of Attorney Forms
- Connecticut Powers of attorney, living will, medical directives, appointment of health care representative, etc.
- Nationwide Power of attorney forms (durable or springing), affidavit that power in full force, revocation of power of attorney, living will, wills and related forms
- New York Power of attorney forms (durable, non-durable, springing), affidavits, health care proxy with living will directives, wills and related forms
If you need to review a legal form before you buy it, click on the BFO (Blumberg Forms Online) icon next to the form. This will open a PDF of the form. Although you cannot print a blank form (Blumberg’s blank legal forms are available only as paper forms), you can read and review the entire form for free.
The forms and catalog numbers belong exclusively to BlumbergExcelsior, Inc.
Permission for reproduction must be requested in writing, and is usually granted for educational or institutional purposes. The unauthorized reproduction of our forms is forbidden. Our copyrights and proprietary rights will be strictly enforced. Furthermore, the appropriation of our investment in composition and typography by photographic or other reproductive techniques is not allowed. Violators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
To report a violation of this policy or request permission, please contact: General Counsel, BlumbergExcelsior, Inc., 16 Court Street, 14th Fl., Brooklyn, NY 11241
Call 800 221-2972 x1506, or email email@example.com
Limitation of Liability
Our forms have important legal consequences, and should be prepared and executed under the supervision of an attorney. It is the ultimate responsibility of the attorney to determine their legal sufficiency for the use intended with or without change. Liability will not be accepted for any loss or damage however caused or by whomever used.